Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wacky Wednesday

The Official GLASSES club

Reading with the Reading-Sunglasses
We had a fun day today. I gave all my students SWEET READER checks, which is AWESOME! The kids were really putting their best foot forward today, and showing a lot of effort and improvement with following the rules. We learned all about shapes, vertices, and sides of 2-d figures. I had the kids act out their shape, for example, one student would go to the front of the room, and say "I am a curved shape. I have no vertices, or flat surfaces..." and the kids would raise their hands and say "are you a circle!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment