Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Welcome Back!

Welcome back everyone! Boy, I am sure glad to be back with the kids today- their little sense of humors are truly something to miss!

I started off the day today giving them exactly 5 minutes of "talk" time, in which they told their friends all about what they did over Thanksgiving break.

Then, we started a month long unit of Random Acts of Kindness. The students were excited today when we talked about kindness, and how being kind truly circles around, and pays itself forward. We watched a short clip on kindness, and talked about how it changes our "everyday." We broke into collaborative groups to create skits that explain kindness, and will eventually put them on in front of other classes. Parents were also assigned homework, and the students loved that the parents were actually getting homework for once! (Some requested that parents always get a "little" homework!)

I also added a video of the homework, because it was a little tricky lesson!

Thank you for all you do,
Mrs. Ramirez








Homework Help:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment