Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Monday, May 11, 2015

A Beyond Exciting Day!

To say that it has officially sunk in would be a stretch. I have to start off my expressing my deepest gratitude for the many kind words and messages I have received- they mean so so much to me. The words, phone calls, messages, and cards I've received have made this even more incredible and memorable.

We live in a world that undervalues education and the professionals that dedicate their lives to it. I am beyond honored to have been noticed. As educators, we show up in our classrooms, symbolically 'close our doors' to the uncontrollable factors, barriers, and roadblocks, and we stand.

We stand for the student that cannot stand for himself. We stand for the student who can't be measured by a test. We stand for the student who didn't eat breakfast and needs a little support. We stand for the labeled student who needs to be reminded that they aren't defined by a label. We stand for the student that has lost more than they have had, and needs more nurturing than others. We stand for the parents, who did all they could to check their child's folder, and understand that sometimes it is our job to do the rest. Most of all, we stand for the future. I am honored, I am humbled, and I am so thankful to be in this profession with so many other educators that take a daily stand for their students. Thank you for doing what you do, near and far, and inspiring me to be the best I can be everyday.

















No comments:

Post a Comment