Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last Day Blues

This year has truly been a blessing to me. I have felt so encouraged, and loved. I really felt like I was making a difference in the lives of my students, and I know that they were also making a difference in mine. This year, truly flew by. It seems like just yesterday my students were walking in the door, with their new book bags and lunch boxes..and now they are walking out, with their worn-out book bags, and used pencil cases.

Last year, I really connected with my students. It was my first year of teaching, so they were with me for all of my "first" moments. At the beginning of my 2nd year (this year)- I can remember walking next door to my great friends room, and asking her "what if I can't connect with my new group of students this year?!" She would just smile, and say..."you will, don't worry." And, boy oh boy....did I. 

I feel that they are truly part of me. They started off as kindergarten students, and are leaving me as confident little 2nd graders. They will forever hold a place in my heart.

The last 5 minutes of the day, I brought them all to our reading place. I attempted to give them some last minute words of motivation and closure..and as I looked at all of their smart and sweet little eyes, emotions took me over. I am so proud of these little souls in my room. I sent them off to their summer vacations with a huge hug, and an "I love you so very much, I am so proud of you, you are going to do great things with your life!" And they will...they will definitely do great things with their lives. 











No comments:

Post a Comment