Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Listening & Visualizing

I had my students listen to one of my favorite songs. I turned the lights down, and told them to move to a private spot where they could really dig down deep in their thoughts. I explained what "visualizing" was, and played the song for them. I told them that I expected them to visualize the song, and write down words they felt, or words that came to mind. They all had such sweet stories, and words to describe their "Mama's."

We went off on a tangent when I started talking about my "Mama." It turned into a mini-lesson of appreciation, and dedication. Anyways, this is the start to our Mother's Day projects!










No comments:

Post a Comment