Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Oh, My, ZEBU!

I have loved this week, as the firsties are really beginning to come out of their shells. We are becoming more and more "tech-savvy" as the days go on, and you will notice with our new vocabulary words, also. We had a first grader who was helping her older sister show animals in the state fair, and she skyped us from there! We were able to talk to people at the Fair, and they told us different facts about their responsibilities and about the animals. (I also learned what a Zebu was!) It was amazing. For our mystery reader, we skyped a very respectable lady named Pamela Autry, and she talked about Martin Luther King, her accomplishments in the Coast Guard, and other things. She made our kids smile, from ear to ear. See the photos below! Please remember that next week will be a different week, as we have the Skype events on Thursday & Friday. Have an amazing weekend! 

Love,
Mrs. Ramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment