Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Almost Healthy Store

What a week we had! We worked hard on math calculations, and studied 1910-1920 throughout reading and history. To finish off our math calculations, I brought in fruit and vegetables and gave each item a price, and each student an amount of money to spend. They had to write a list, and add the value, and then calculate how much change they should receive. I figured out that I have some THRIFTY students, spending every penny down to the last one. It was awesome! The kiddoes did really well, and I can conclude that bananas are popular, and oranges are too! On another note, it is always interesting to see how the students respond to historical situations they have never heard of before. I look forward to their meaningful discussions. To hear 8 year olds discuss problems of the world, and respond to their research is so inspiring.  Enjoy the photos!























No comments:

Post a Comment