Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Classroom Newsletter Week of 10/7

Reading:
We love poetry!
Every week I make sure the kids can appreciate rhythm in a poem. We are still learning, but having SO much fun with it. I also let the students be the leaders by the end of the week, while I assist. They think it's the coolest thing, ever to get to lead the lessons. We practiced short /e/ sounds this week, and reviewed 6 high frequency words.






Math:
We FINALLY finished Chapter 3! Wahoo! Now we are on to Chapter 4, where we will learn all about subtraction strategies. (New homework packet being sent home, today!)

Writing:
We practiced Small Moments more, and zoomed in on the most special part of our stories, to add more details or "sprinkles" of information.

Science/Social Studies:
We have been celebrating Hispanic Heritage all month long, so this week we learned all about CUBA. We learned about the island, folklore, and even different cultural traditions such as "salsa" dancing. Your child can do the basic step, ask them to show you!

Extra, Extra, Read All About It!-If you ever have ANY questions or concerns, and would ever like a phone or face to face conference, please let me know...I really value communication and making sure all of my parents are well informed
-Picture Day Thursday,October 20th
-Field trip Monday, November 7th to Chili's--send permission slips back

No comments:

Post a Comment