Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Friday, September 21, 2012

End of the Week Reflections & Fun!

September 15th- October 15th is Hispanic Heritage Month, and we do A LOT of things to get educated! I have created power points for the kids to learn about various Hispanic countries, we create crafts in honor of the countries customs. We do many things, including learning to Salsa dance, to say things in various Spanish dialects. This is such a a fun and educational month! I hope you enjoy all to come! (Today we made corn mosaics, to represent an ancient form of art that the Aztecs used) *Ask your child where the Aztecs used to live.*

Also, being tomorrow is the 1st day of Fall, a wonderful parent sent in a treat for us to make. Her daughter went over the directions step by step, and boy were these little acorns YUMMY!
I also attached some pictures of our charts we have made in class! We do at least 2 charts a day- and the kids pretty much run the show! I gracefully hand the marker to them, and allow them to answer a question, solve a problem, or write a connection- because I believe writing their thoughts and displaying the charts as a reference is a great tool for success!

And last but not least- what kind of blog post would this be without an adorable/informative recess video?




















Our wonderfully made MOSAICS.
















Please read over the newsletter, and enjoy your weekend!  -Mrs. Ramirez

1 comment:

  1. Ramirez Kids you sure have been busy! How many languages are you learning? I saw a number chart with many many languages. I can by your charts that you are learning a lot! Happy Learning.

    ReplyDelete