Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to school, bundled up, & interviewing!

I am so excited for the firsties to be back. We started the week of with reviewing all of the rules, going over all the procedures, and protocol for the classroom. I was surprised at how many specifics of the rules the kids could reiterate to the class. Also- a little bragging on my class...yours truly has had this horrible throat 'thing" for a couple of days now, and now I am in the stage of limited voice. My little firsties were doing some of the talking for me, and really stepping up to be leaders in the class. I love them!

Anyways, so our project this week is..."NEW YEAR, KNEW ME" The kids all picked a buddy in the class, and had to conduct interviews with each other. Once the interviews were conducted the students must record the answers on their paper. Today, we will use our classroom digital cameras to record the interviews...should be fun! My main point for doing this is for the kids to express themselves, record answers, and use technology to document their learning. (Plus it's a really great memory maker too!)







No comments:

Post a Comment