Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to School!

As I sit here, in this empty classroom anticipating the kids arriving tomorrow...I have time to reflect. I am so thankful for this year, thus far. It has had its ups, and downs...but through everything lessons have been taught and learned. Each 1st grader I have in this room is a unique individual, and I am excited to see how much they have grown over break!

Goals for the New Year:
1. Read More (For fun!)
2. Step back a little, and let the kids lead more... (OH SO hard for a control-diva!)
3. Let things go (Let petty things go, instead of dwelling!)
4. Reflect More (On my day as a teacher, wife, etc.)
5. Be more merciful and gracious
6. Complete a 5k (Hopefully by March 3rd at Gasparilla!)
7. Focus on one project at a time
8. Get more organized
9. Integrate even more technology in the classroom with cameras/blogs/emails
10. Skype at least 4 other classes around the country/world

No comments:

Post a Comment