Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Randomness from Last Week

A few of the adorable firsties really went ALL out for the 100th day, so I sent them to the morning show to show off their festive outfits! Enjoy a few of the pictures:









Also we were very lucky to have Mrs. Fehrenbach our school TOSA (Teacher on Special Assignment) come and be our mystery reader on Thursday! She read a fun and adorable book that she explained her personal connection to. Our students loved her, and loved the story.







Another fun part of the week was when my brother, who is in high school sent us a little video talking about the importance of preparation, and he compared it to preparing for his big soccer game, and how preparing can truly benefit the outcome. (When he sent the video, it sent sideways, but the kiddoes still got the message!) We are excited for our next little encouraging video!
Lastly, I had a student write a story about Martin Luther King, type it up, and then practice reading it. He did such a great job that I sent him to the morning show to read it to the whole school. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment