Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Blog Archive


FYI:

All parents have given permission for their child to be on this website.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Classroom Additions/Upgrades

  Adding a few of my favorite things to the classroom, to make it feel more homey and comfortable for the firsties. I've added some ottomans instead of chairs for my small group table, and I added 2 new reading spots for the classroom, for the students to sit at during Read to Self. I have also added a beautiful purple lamp! They also worked on American Flags during the 9/11 rememberance, and I absolutely fell in love with them, so I have decided to hang them up in the room for a while. It's really starting to feel like home.

Goodbye regular chairs, HELLO ottomans!
  

In front of this is where the students choose their Daily's/ Listen to stories
 



Our Chart wall/chunky words, and writer's workshop easel

Fun charts & our Buckets where we drop beads for filling buckets


The new reading spot complete with 2 ottomans & a lamp


Where we do Science/and Writer's Workshop




The Word Wall where we rap/sing/cheer/spell sight words


Our Daily 5 Reference Charts (We made these together)


No comments:

Post a Comment