Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Blog Archive


FYI:

All parents have given permission for their child to be on this website.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Newsletter for Week of 9/6-9/9

Reading:
Oh my, what a short week! We read our story of the week “Big Rigs” and we practiced the chunk sounds: /ig/ and /in/ in words like pig, dig, and pin, and win. We also practiced classifying and categorizing different things.


Math:
We ventured in the world of SUBTRACTION! We practiced take-away number stories, all week long. We also practiced on our whiteboards taking away from a group. It is a great strategy to draw a picture, and then take away from the picture.

Science:

We finished Land & Water. My oh my, did we learn about Land & Water! We learned about volcanoes, earth quakes, erosion, and landslides!


Writing:
We just started going over Small Moment stories in the class, and practiced how to get our thoughts onto paper.

Please check your child’s folder for important events/announcements in addition to this blog! J

Thanks,
Mrs. Ramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment