Welcome to My Blog!

Being a teacher is full of ups, downs, and in betweens. I love the look on a students face when they learn how to read. I love when students can solve problems on their own. I absolutely love when students feel proud of their work, and want to share it with the class. This blog is going to be full of moments in the classroom, pictures, and sometimes videos. Take everything with a grain of salt, as it is my opinion & reflections.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Wow! 1 week down!

This morning it felt like a holiday when I received the Ipods and Ipads I wrote a grant for last year! It is so exciting. We have 23 Ipods- 1 for each student, and also reliable Otterbox cases! I am so excited.

I cannot wait to get them unpacked, and up and working so the kids can start learning with them. I will be piloting this use of technology, and I truly feel it will make an impact on the sweet first graders in our rooms.

I've never seen their eyes get SO big before when I brought one out to show them.



What a week! Your little darlings have made it to  first grade, and they have survived their first half-of-week! I am so excited to have your precious children in my first grade class. We learned so much, and worked, worked, worked on rules and procedures! Thank you for ALL you do!

Reading:

-We practiced the READ TO SELF , and built our stamina. (Ask your child what STAMINA and INDEPENDENCE are!)

Math:

-We have been working on an oral review of math facts, and next week we will start Mountain Math!

Writing:

-We worked on a free write, and practiced writing about anything. Next week we  will launch WRITERS WORKSHOP!

Announcements:

-Please send in your framed picture, if you haven't done so already!

-Please send back the “ABOUT ME” bag with your “firstie”

-Please send your child with a water bottle– as it is very hot outside.

-Curriculum night will be in September, so if you  have any questions until then– please don't hesitate to call or email me!


No comments:

Post a Comment